CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 19, 2009

whats for dinner


so heres what is for dinner tonite,vegetable beef soup i made for the first time. its quite yummy but why do my noodles get so darn mushy, i even cooked them first before i added them to the crockpot. this soup is perfect for today its a snowy coooooold day! i did end up going out friday for karaoke and had a great time even though i was dying that nite when my hand got so numb from the cold that it was burning and i was in so much pain. once i got home i had to run my hand under the water for quite a while. will teach me to not wear gloves, who do you think went out the very next day and bought a pair lol. im feelin quite happy today, i had a girl ask to be my friend on myspace and not noing that we both have polymyositis muscle disease and shes around my age and lives near where i live. it was just so exciting and i hope that i have the chance to get to no her more, maybe i wont feel so alone sometimes now :) my drs office called today but of course not with my blood results they said they didnt have them, i think thats bullcrap! i think they have them they are just lazy in that office. she called cause i needed a refill on my prilosec and my dr wanted to no why walmart faxed them for a refill when you can buy it over the counter. well duh i want a prescription cause thats what you always wrote me out for and ill let my little insurance i do have pay for it, why should i pay for it! its like $22 over the counter . sometimes i wonder about them people in that office. before i forget thank you christy from color me healthy for the award, i very much appreciate it! iv gotta catch up on everyones blogs im behind. im hope everyone is having a great monday. hugs

13 comments:

garnett109 said...

tracey make the soup do the noodles last don't put them in the crock but add it to the hot soup when it is done

Amelia said...

That soup looks so good!

I'm glad that you got to do karaoke!

I hope you get your results back soon.

*M*

Missie said...

That soup looks so yummy. I must admitt, I've never tried to make a soup from scratch.

Have a good evening.

Janie said...

Hi Tracy... that is what I would do... cook the noodles and set aside. Then add them the last 20 minutes or so and simmer them. Looks good though. I love soup. Hope you have a great week and glad that you got out and about. Hugs, Janie

~Ann~ said...

Thats soup looks good! Yum! I am hungry and cold! LOL not a good combination. I left a message for you! That is so neat.

Lucy said...

That soup looks good and I like mushy noodles. You sound good, girl. That made me feel better even faster. Keep it up!!! Lucy

Christy said...

That is totally making me hungry!!!

Doc's offices make me want to scream sometimes. If they can't figure out that a script will allow your insurance to pay for it whereas it would be completely your responsibility if you bought it OTC, they need to get a new job. I get so mad at incompetent people working in the medical field.

Melanie said...

what Garnett said...keep them separate! looks yummie tho!!

Melanie

Anonymous said...

Mushy noodles or not, that looks delicious!! Good job hon and I do hope you meet that friend from Myspace. Psst, I have myspace too in case you wanted to add me.

myspace.com/epiphanylily

Happy Being Me said...

Your dinner looks fantastic. I'm happy your doing well, out and about meeting new friends - hope you get your blood test results back soon. Take care of you my friend,
Katie

Lucy said...

Hey there, My little dog plays ball and barks and takes milkbones and that cat is sao mucch fun.Do you think I am in my second childhood??? Lucy

Diana Swallow said...

Your soup looks really good. The thing about noodles is they absorb liquid to cook and they don't have an auto off sensor to know they are done cooking, they just continue to absorb liquid. I'd cook the noodles and add them at the very end or use another grain like barley (no quick cook) because it stands up to slow cooking quite well. It will still expand like crazy but it doesn't get mushy.

FlipFlop Mom said...

OHHHHHHHHHHH it's so cold here.. I could use some of that warm soup!!!!!!